- 1.5 kg lamb neck or knuckles
- 6 cups water
- 2 onions, chopped (or 6 whole baby onions)
- 2 cloves
- 6 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (or 6 whole baby carrots)
- 6 potatoes, halved and parboiled
- 2 T butter
- 3 T parsley, chopped
- sea salt and white pepper, to taste
1. Place the lamb, water, onions, cloves and carrots in a large saucepan. Simmer for about 2 hours, or until the meat is soft and about to fall off the bone. Season to taste.
2. Toss the hot potatoes in the pan that they were cooked in with the butter and parsley. Serve with ladles of lamb.
Photographs: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom