- For the peanut butter dressing:
- 1 T smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 t soya sauce
- 1 t fish sauce
- For the fridge clean-up BBQ sauce:
- ¼ cup thick soya sauce
- 2 T tomato sauce
- 2 t vinegar
- 2 T peach jam
- 2 t orange juice
- For the turmeric noodles:
- Woolworths’ prepared garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric
- 2 T vegetable oil
- Woolworths’ fresh ready cooked udon noodles
- ½ leftover shredded chicken
- grated raw baby marrow, for serving
- sliced spring onions, for serving
- sesame seeds, for serving
For the peanut butter dressing, combine 1 T smooth peanut butter, 1/3cup coconut milk, 1 t soya sauce and 1 t fish sauce.
For the fridge clean-up BBQ sauce: mix ¼ cup thick soya sauce, 2 T tomato sauce, 2 t vinegar, 2 T peach or apricot jam and 2 t orange juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
For the turmeric noodles: place ½ cube each Woolworths’ prepared garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric and 2 T vegetable oil in a pan and fry until golden. Toss through warmed leftover noodles or Woolworths’ fresh ready cooked udon noodles.
To assemble: add ½ leftover shredded chicken to the pan of simmering BBQ sauce and toss to coat. Serve with the warm turmeric noodles, grated raw baby marrow, sliced spring onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds or peanuts if you have.
Serve the peanut dressing on the side.
Cook's note: Woolies’ readymade udon noodles are an instant solution to a craving for Asian food. Add chopped turmeric, chilli, ginger and garlic and you have a winner of a dinner.