- 2T light soy sauce
- 1T oyster sauce
- 1T Shaoxing wine (optional)
- 1T sesame oil
- 3T peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2T garlic, minced
- 3 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup spring onions, finely sliced
1. Mix the light soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine (optional) and sesame oil in a small mixing bowl.
2. Stir this sauce until well combined, then set it aside.
3. Heat a wok over high heat and add 2T of the peanut oil.
4. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes until golden brown, then add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Now add the rice and sauce, and stir-fry for 2 minutes, coating the rice with the sauce.
6. Move the rice to the sides of the wok and add the remaining peanut oil to the cleared space in the centre.
7. Then pour in the egg and scramble until cooked through.
8. Add the spring onions, then stir the egg and spring onions mixture into the rice.
9. Turn off the heat and drizzle with a dash of extra sesame oil.
10. Serve immediately.