- 30 g butter
- 6 baby leeks, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 cup cream
- 3 cups good-quality vegetable stock
- 100 g baby potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 2 x 300 g fresh hake portions, cut into small chunks
- 300 g fresh cleaned prawns
- 500 g cleaned mussels
- 2 corn kernels from the cob
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish with chopped chives
- 2 slices warm crusty bread
Melt 30 g butter in a large pan, then add 6 baby leeks, sliced, and gently soften for 5 minutes over a low heat.
Add 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped, and 4 sprigs thyme. Stir through until fragrant, then pour in 1 cup cream and 3 cups good-quality vegetable stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add 100 g cleaned and quartered baby potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add 2 x 300 g portions fresh hake, cut into small chunks. Cook for 3 minutes.
Then stir in 300 g fresh cleaned prawns. Cook for 3 minutes and add 500 g cleaned mussels and the kernels from 2 cobs corn.
Heat through for 2 minutes. Season to taste, garnish with chopped chives and serve with warm crusty bread.
Read more about our story on what to drink with fish hotpot in a creamy garlic broth.