- 1/2 cup roasting pan juices
- 1 T sherry
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 T cornflour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Deglaze the pan juices by heating the roasting tray on the hob. Add a dash of water, 1⁄4 cup at the most, just enough to lift the juices from the pan.
2. Remove from the heat and strain the pan juices into a saucepan. Add the sherry and bay leaves and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
3. Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a paste, then add to the mixture with the cream. Cook over a medium-low heat until it starts to thicken, about 5–10 minutes. Season to taste.