This easy cake is perfect for when you’ve eaten your fill of fruit cake and mince pies.
- 1 x 385 g can condensed milk
- 4 free-range eggs
- 60 g butter, melted
- 180 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 x 360 g can Caramel Treat (or make your own by boiling a can of condensed milk for 3 hours)
- 1 cup whipping cream (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Using an electric mixer, beat the condensed milk, eggs, butter and flour until smooth.
2. Pour the batter into a greased 15 cm bundt cake tin. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
3. Allow to cool, then serve with dollops of caramel or some caramel swirled into whipped cream. Add some festive gold glitter if you’re so inclined. Which, of course, I always am.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Production: Bianca Strydom
Food assistant: Emma Morey