- For the carrot and Cointreau fizz:
- 6-8 large carrots, plus extra, shaved, to garnish
- 6 tots Cointreau
- 6 x 200 ml cans bitter orange or lemon crushed ice, for serving
- For the goat’s cheese and praline truffles:
- 125 g white sugar
- 50 g pistachio nuts, shelled
- 3 x 100 g logs chevin
- 1 T mascarpone
- ½ t orange zest
To make the carrot and Cointreau fizz: Juice the carrots, then add the Cointreau and bitter orange or lemon. Pour into 6 tumblers filled with crushed ice and garnish with shaved carrot.
To make the goat’s cheese and praline truffles: In a saucepan over a low heat, heat the sugar until it starts to caramelise. Remove from the heat and add the pistachio nuts.Stir gently, then pour out onto a sheet of greaseproof paper.
Allow to cool, then chop finely. Combine the chevin, mascarpone and orange zest and roll into 12 medium-sized balls. Roll each ball in the chopped praline and serve immediately.