- 1 cup all-purpose flour (cake flour)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (natural /lemon meringue / vanilla / coconut
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 fresh oranges
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (cake flour) for topping
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (for topping)
- 1 tablespoon cold butter (for topping)
Preheat oven to 190 oC. Prepare 12 muffin pan.
Before you cut the oranges, finely grate the skin. Then peel the oranges and cut into small cubes, removing the pits.
Rub the zest (grated skin) of the 2 oranges into the ¼ cup sugar for the muffin mixture. In a large bowl, combine the flour, orange-sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the (coconut) yoghurt, egg, oil and orange cubes; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. (batter will be thick). Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
Bake at 190°C for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.