Have you ever tried the special fried chicken recipe with Woolworths chilli and lime seasoning? This one is perfect for Sunday lunch with loved ones!
- 1.2 kg Woolworths free-range chicken portions
- 2 cups buttermilk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 360 g cake flour
- 100 g cornflour
- 2 T Woolworths chilli-and-lime seasoning
- 1 lemon or lime, cut into wedges
1. Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl with the buttermilk, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and chill for 1 hour or overnight for the best results.
2. Meanwhile, combine the flour, cornflour, salt, pepper and chilli-and-lime seasoning in a large Ziploc bag. Preheat the oil for deep-frying.
3. Place a few chicken pieces in the bag and shake to coat well, ensuring the chicken is well-coated in the flour. To ensure the crust sticks to the chicken, allow the chicken stand in the flour for 5 minutes.
4. Before frying, shake off any excess flour and carefully place the chicken into the oil. Adding too many pieces of chicken to the oil will reduce the temperature causing the chicken to boil instead of fry.
5. Fry the chicken for just under 10 minutes on each side, or until the crust is golden and crisp and the meat juicy and tender. Remove the chicken from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
6. Season lightly with the chilli-and-lime seasoning agaon and serve with fresh lime or lemon wedges.
Videography: Kevashan Moodley and Romy Wilson
Photography: Shavan Rahim
Food assistant: Emma Nkunzana