- For the blueberry ice cream:
- 2 x 360 g punnets Woolworths Flavourburst blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 x 250 ml tubs Woolworths double-thick cream
- 1 t vanilla paste
- For the biscuit base:
- 1 x 300 g box Woolworths Easy to Bake oat biscuit mix
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2–3 T Woolworths unsalted and no added sugar peanut butter
1. To make the ice cream, place the blueberries in a pan with ½ cup honey and simmer over a medium heat until syrupy, about 15–20 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
2. Whisk the cream with the vanilla and remaining honey until soft peaks form. Fold through half the berries and place the mixture in the freezer until firm. Reserve the remaining berries.
3. To make the base, preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 26 x 16 cm baking tin. Make the biscuit base according to package instructions, then spread the dough evenly into the baking tin. Bake for 20–25 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
4. Spoon the frozen ice cream over the top of the biscuit base in the baking tin and spread evenly using a spatula. Swirl the remaining blueberry syrup through the ice-cream mixture to create a marbled effect. Do the same with the peanut butter. Freeze for 4–6 hours before cutting into bars and storing in a container in the freezer. They’ll keep for about 2 weeks.
Photographs: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistant: Claire-ellen Van Rooyen