Funfetti sheet cakes are perfect all on their own, but they also make a great canvas for playing around with your icing skills.
- 1 box Woolworths sprinkle cake kit
- Food colouring, colours of your choice
- Woolworths rainbow soft-centred pearls
- Woolworths piping bags
View this post on Instagram
1. Prepare the cake according to package instructions. Allow to cool completely before icing.
2. Prepare the icing according to packaging instructions, beating slowly towards the end, in order to remove any bubbles which will make holes in your piped shapes and flowers. Divide the icing between 3 or 4 bowls and colour as you wish. If you need more icing, add 100 g butter and 200 g sifted icing sugar.
3. Place your piping bags inside glasses in order to fill them without making a mess. Choose different nozzles for different colours of icing, and pick a piping style for each colour. Practice your piping technique on a plate in order to get confident. Use constant pressure to create even shapes and lines. Once you’re ready to begin, lay out the first colour, then fill in the gaps with the other colours. Sprinkle with Woolworths rainbow soft-centred pearls to finish.
Production: Hannah Lewry & Claire-Ellen van Rooyen
Videography: Romy Wilson