- For the BBQ sauce:
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 T brown sugar
- 2 T honey
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 3 star anise
- 2 t Woolworths Lazy Kettle hickory liquid smoke
- 2.5 kg Woolworths bone-in smoked large gammon
- 1 pineapple, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. To make the BBQ sauce, place all the ingredients into a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
2. Place the gammon on a large baking tray and remove the skin. Score the fat using a sharp knife, taking care not to cut into the meat.
3. Rub the BBQ sauce onto the gammon, then layer the sliced pineapple on top. Pour the honey over the pineapple, then place the gammon in the oven and roast for 1 hour, or until golden and warmed though.