- 1 x 2 kg Woolworths ready-to-cook medium gammon
- 4 Pink Lady apples, cored and quartered
- 100 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 fresh fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Roast the gammon according to package instructions. Allow to rest before slicing.
Place the apples in a skillet, dot with butter and sugar and toss in the pan for 10 minutes over smouldering coals or on the hob until the sugar starts to form a loose caramel and starts to stick to the apples.
Marinate the fennel in the lemon juice and olive oil and serve with the sliced gammon and apples.
Cook’s note: Gammon is also delicious cooked in a covered Weber for 80– 90 minutes. Score the skin and cover with tinfoil until the last 20 minutes of cooking time to achieve a crispy top. Baste with 3 T glaze during the last 20 minutes of cooking.