- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 x 1.5 cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 3 T fresh coriander, chopped
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 2 T soy sauce (wheat-free soy sauce is available from health stores)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter and oil in a large pan. Gently cook the leeks, ginger, chilli and garlic for 1 minute.
Add the sweet potato and stock. Cover and simmer until the potato is soft.
Add the coconut milk and coriander. Blend until smooth.
To make the soy cashews, toss the nuts in soy sauce and roast at 180ºC for 15 minutes.
Season the soup and serve it with the soy cashews.
Low fat, medium GI: A fragrant and velvety smooth soup made without cream.