- For the Romesco sauce:
- 3 red peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g blanched hazelnuts, toasted
- 40 g blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 t smoked paprika
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 T butter
- 400 g Woolworths fresh gnocchi Italian potato dumplings
- 10 g toasted hazelnuts, finely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the peppers and tomatoes on a tray. Place the garlic cloves on the peppers to prevent them from burning. Season and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30– 40 minutes, or until soft.
2. Place the roast vegetables and the remaining sauce ingredients in a blender. Blend until slightly chunky.
3. Cook the gnocchi in the butter according to package instructions.
4. To serve, pour the warm Romesco sauce into bowls and spoon over the gnocchi. Top with the hazelnuts and season with pepper.