- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 t sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 140 punnet broad beans
- 2 x 100 g Chevin goat’s milk cheese
- Fresh carnation flowers, to garnish
- 1 farmhouse loaf, for serving
Whisk the mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar, lemon juice and seasoning together, adjusting sweetness or acidity to taste.
Blanch the broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh in cold water.
Remove the beans from the pods and scatter over the cheese, together with the flowers and a good drizzle of the vinaigrette. Serve with crusty farmhouse loaf.
Cook's note: Chevin goat's cheese is a handcrafted goat's milk cheese with a characteristic mild "citrus" flavour, available from Woolworths. You can also use 2 x 80g Woolworths' Crottin goat's milk cheese.