- 2 T olive oil
- 30 g Grana Padano, grated
- 1 free-range egg
- 10 g baby gem lettuce
- 1 baby carrot, peeled, for serving
- 30 g avocado, sliced, for serving
1. Gently heat the olive oil in a small pan over a low temperature. Add the cheese, making sure to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook gently until the cheese has turned a light golden colour, about 3 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan.
2. Gently crack the egg into the same pan and cook for 3–5 minutes over a low heat.
Photography: Jan Ras
Recipes: Brita du Plessis
Food assistant: Josh van Zyl
With its crystal-like, crumbly texture and mild, delicate flavour, it’s no mystery why Grana Padano is so popular. Its consistently excellent quality is due to each wheel being examined at nine months by an impartial technician from the official Consortium of Grana Padano. Only after this does a wheel of Grana Padano receive its iconic firebrand – your guarantee of authenticity and exceptional flavour.