- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 100 g Danish feta, diced
- 1 x 400 g chickpeas can, drained and rinsed
- 100 g olives, pitted
- 200 g Woolworths exotic mixed tomatoes, chopped
- 2 t fresh oregano chopped
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- For the spinach-and-nutmeg crêpes:
- 1 free-range egg
- 140 g flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 40 g Bright Lights or ordinary spinach
Place the cucumber, red onion, feta, chickpeas, olives and tomatoes in a bowl and toss.
Mix the oregano, red wine vinegar and olive oil and pour over the salad to marinate while you make the crêpes.
To make the crêpes, whisk together all the ingredients except the spinach and transfer to a blender. If using Bright Lights spinach, remove the stems and reserve for the salad, if using ordinary spinach, use the leaves only. Add the spinach to the blender and blend until smooth.
Heat a small, greased non- stick pan and ladle in enough batter to cover the base. Fry for 30 seconds, or until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Stuff the crêpes with the salad to serve.