- ¼ cup olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 baby leeks, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 20 g Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 200 g Swiss chard, shredded
- 180 g kale, shredded
- 150 g baby marrows, chopped
- 150 g green beans, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 80 g shelled green peas
- 50 g tiny pasta (such as ditalini)
- torn basil leaves or chopped Italian parsley, for serving
- Parmesan, grated, for serving
Heat the oil in a pan and gently cook the spring onions, leeks and celery until starting to soften. Stir in the garlic and parsley. Add the chard and kale and cook for 10 minutes, adding a little more oil.
Add the marrows and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Pour over the stock and season to taste. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Stir in the peas and pasta and cook until tender. Season to taste.
Serve sprinkled with basil or parsley and Parmesan and drizzle with olive oil.
Cook's note: This is more like a vegetable stew than a true soup. Feel free to thin it down with stock if it seems too thick for you.