- 3 Mediterranean cucumbers
- 150 g Woolworths exotic tomatoes (green only), chopped
- 80 g Woolworths edamame beans, blanched and shelled
- 1 bunch fennel, shaved
- 170 g asparagus spears, blanched and chopped
- 80 g Woolworths hand-shelled fresh peas
- 10 g mint, roughly chopped
- For the dressing:
- 4 T olive oil
- 4 T apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Remove the cucumber seeds and set aside. Roughly chop the cucumber into chunks.
Toss the tomatoes, edamame beans, fennel, asparagus, peas and mint with the cucumber.
To make the dressing, mix the cucumber seeds with the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
To serve, pour the dressing over the salad, mix well until everything is coated and spoon into a serving dish.
Cook's note: Every lunch table laden with roasts needs a refreshing, crunchy salad to off set all that indulgence. Enter the humble cucumber, which, along with peas, edamame beans, asparagus and mint – and green, juicy tomatoes – adds the balance you need. You can even make it the night before and add ½ cup apple cider vinegar for a “pickled” salad. If you’re in the mood for a creamy dressing, add plain yoghurt.