- 2 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large leeks, sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded
- 3 cups Woolworths organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 400 g baby spinach
- 200 g frozen peas
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125 g crème fraîche, for serving
- 1 x 100 g pack Woolworths oak-smoked salmon ribbons, for serving
- capers, for serving
- 125 g Tenderstem broccoli tips, blanched, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic, onion, leeks, potato, celery and chilli for 5 minutes. Add the stock, cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then blend with the spinach and peas until smooth. Reheat slowly in a clean saucepan. Add the lemon zest and juice and season to taste.
3. Serve warm topped with a few dollops of crème fraîche, the smoked salmon, capers and broccoli.
Cook's note: Make a big batch of the base and freeze in portions in Ziploc bags, ready to thaw when you need them. Reheat and finish off with fresh greens of your choice so they stay vibrant and keep their flavour.