- 500 g Patagonian calamari tubes and tentacles
- 4 T olive oil
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Rocket, for serving
- For the lemon potatoes:
- 700 g Mediterranean potatoes
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 ml liquid vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix the calamari with the olive oil, chilli, garlic and salt.
Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Add the calamari and sear for a few minutes, turning with tongs, until just cooked.
Serve with the potatoes and rocket.
To make the lemon potatoes, halve the potatoes and heat the oil in a heavy-based pan.
Brown the potatoes in the oil, stir in the garlic, then pour in the stock and cover. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Add the lemon juice and season to taste.