- 500 g dhania lamb sausage, cut into chunks
- 4-6 medium-sized sweet peppers, sliced lengthways
- for the sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 hot red chilli, chopped
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomato
- ½ cup chicken stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh coriander leaves, for sprinkling
- baked or steamed sweet potatoes, for serving
Thread the sausage onto soaked bamboo skewers. Repeat with the sweet peppers. Grill the peppers until starting to char. Grill the sausages until nicely browned, but still moist.
To make the sauce: Cook the onion in 30–45ml (1–2T) olive oil until softened. Stir in the garlic, chilli and paprika, then stir in the tomato and stock, and cook for about 15 minutes, until reduced and thickened. Check seasoning.
To serve: Serve the grilled sausage and pepper with the hot pepper sauce, sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves, and serve with baked or steamed sweet potatoes on the side.
Cook’s note: Spicy chorizo sausage or fat
German-style sausages would also work well. Buy ready-made Arrabiata sauce if you're short on time.
Per serving: 2101.9kJ, 21.7g protein, 40.2g fat, 14.4g carbs