- 6 mixed sweet salad peppers, sliced lengthways, seeds and cores discarded
- 1 medium-sized brinjal, sliced lengthways into slim wedges and halved across
- 4 ripe but firm Roma tomatoes, quartered lengthways
- 3 T olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 t dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pitta breads, split across
- 200 g chevin
- basil-infused olive oil, for drizzling
- mixed salad leaves, for serving
Mix the pepper, brinjal and tomato with the olive oil, garlic, oregano and seasoning. Turn onto a grill pan and spread. Slide under a preheated grill and cook for 10 minutes, or until starting to char. Turn around and grill for a further 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
Brush the split pitta breads with olive oil and crumble over the chevin. Slide under the grill until the cheese melts and bubbles.
Immediately top with the grilled vegetables. Drizzle with the basil infused oil and serve with a green salad on the side.
Cook’s note: As an alternative, use 100 g grated Parmesan cheese instead of chevin.
Per serving: 2168.9 kJ, 17.3 g protein, 27 g fat, 47.4 g carbs