- 1 x 250 g packet nachos
- 1 T Chilli con Carne Mexican spice mix
- 70 g sliced chorizo sausage, torn
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream or crème fraîche, for serving
- Salsa (bottled or fresh), for serving
- Coriander sprigs, to garnish
Turn the nachos onto a shallow baking pan (or two, if necessary) and spread out into a fairly even layer.
Sprinkle with the spice mix, chorizo and cheese, then slide under a hot grill until the cheese melts and the chips start to brown slightly.
Dot with sour cream and salsa, sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve immediately
Cook’s note: Heat a can of beans, then mash them with olive oil, 2–3 t spice mix and seasoning, to taste – use this instead of chorizo for a vegetarian version.
This irresistibly good sundowner snack is all the better with cold beer, chilled fresh watermelon juice or lemonade on the rocks.