- 500 g Woolworths sliced sweet potato
- 4 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 free-range bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- ½ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced julienne or shaved into ribbons
- 2 Granny Smith apples, halved and thinly sliced
- 10 g fresh coriander, for serving
- 100 g roasted and salted peanuts, for serving
- For the dressing, mix:
- 3 T soya sauce
- ½ T red chilli, chopped
- ½ T ginger, chopped
- 1⁄3 T garlic, chopped
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 t sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the sweet potato in 2 T olive oil, season and roast for 25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
2. Rub the chicken breasts with the remaining olive oil and season, then sear in a hot griddle pan for 5 minutes on each side. Place in a baking tray and pour over the sweet chilli sauce. Roast for 10–15 minutes until cooked through and caramelised.
3. Place the cucumber, carrots, apple and coriander into a bowl and pour over the dressing. Scatter with the peanuts. Serve the chicken and sweet potato with the salad on the side.