- 4 Woolworths frozen hake medallions
- ¼ cup Woolworths hoisin sauce
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1 t ginger, grated
- 1 t garlic, crushed
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 baby cabbage, chopped
- 1 t sambal oelek
- 1 x 250 g sachet Woolworths ready to eat basmati rice
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- broccoli or green beans, steamed, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the hake in an ovenproof dish. Toss in the hoisin sauce, chilli, ginger, garlic and 2 T olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a large pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes. Add the cabbage and sambal oelek and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and heat for 2 minutes. Stir through the egg and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Serve with the fish and vegetables.
Cook's note: Freeze leftover rice and use to make this dish.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom and Keletso Motau