his 5-ingredient honeycomb takes just 15 minutes to make and makes a great gift. You can use either honey or golden syrup.
- 100 g honey or golden syrup
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g glucose
- 1 ½ t bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted
View this post on Instagram
1. Line a 25 x 25 cm baking tray or baking tin with baking paper. Place the honey, sugar and glucose in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat . Don't stir, just allow it to melt slowly. You can swirl the pan as it begins to bubble.
2. Once the caramel has reached a high boil and turns dark golden, turn off the heat and quickly add the bicarbonate of soda and gently whisk it in.
3. Working quickly, use a plastic spatula to pour the mixture into the lined tray. Set aside and allow to cool and se . This should take about 30 minutes.
4. Once set, break up and dip the ends in the dark chocolate. Allow to set and store in an airtight container for up to four days.
- Have all your ingredients ready and weighed out and pans prepared. Once you begin, you need to work quickly
- Use a one-handled saucepan for easy pouring.
- Use a wet hand or spoon to work with the glucose easily.
Videography: Romy Wilson
Production: Hannah Lewry