- 1 Woolworths traditional hot cross buns packet
- 3 cups cream
- 3 free-range eggs
- 4 T parsley roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 T sunflower oil
- 50 g Parmesan finely grated
- 150 g onion marmalade
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Cut the hot cross buns into quarters, then layer them in a greased ovenproof dish into which they fit snugly.
Whisk together the cream, eggs, parsley and seasoning and pour over the buns. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the bake is golden and the egg mixture has just set.
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the bacon until it just begins to crisp.
Scatter over the bacon, then top with the Parmesan and onion marmalade.
Chef's note: “Our art director, Mark Serra, asked me to develop a savoury baked recipe for hot cross buns. I dedicate this recipe to him.”