- 350 g penne
- For the sauce, mix together:
- 400 g Rosa tomatoes, halved
- 60 g smashed black olives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the rocket oil, blend together:
- 30 g rocket leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil (the oil should be runny, so add more if necessary)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook the penne in plenty of salted boiling water, according to the packet instructions. Drain then mix the hot pasta with the cold tomato sauce. Check seasoning.
Serve immediately, drizzled with the rocket oil.
Cook’s tip: Add shavings of Parmesan or mix the tomato with a tub of drained mozzarella pearls.
Per serving: 2662.6 kJ, 8.4 g protein, 39.4 g fat, 62 g carbs
If rocket isn’t a firm favourite, use basil-infused olive oil instead of regular olive oil and add a handful of torn fresh basil leaves when serving.