- 3 red peppers, halved and seeded
- 3 T olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 245 g halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- Flour, for dusting
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 120 g hummus
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into long wedges
- 100 g green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- Parsley, to garnish
- Sea salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 200°C. Coat the red peppers in 2 T olive oil and place, skin side up, on a baking tray. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until the skins start to blister. Transfer to a bowl and cover with clingfilm. Allow to cool, then remove the skins and set aside until required.
Drizzle both sides of the sliced bread with the remaining olive oil and toast in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until crispy.
Lightly dust the halloumi with flour. Heat a little vegetable oil in a large frying pan and fry the halloumi on both sides until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
Spread each slice of bread with hummus, then top with the grilled peppers, cucumber, and halloumi. Topped with the chopped olives, garnish with parsley and a sprinkling of salt.