- 1 1/2 T canola oil
- 8 - 10 chicken thighs (skin on)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 t paprika
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 250 g white mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup cream, or to taste
- 250 g rice noodles or rosmarino, cooked until al dente, for serving
- Green leaves, for serving
Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken pieces on both sides. Remove and salt lightly.
In the same pan, gently simmer the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add a little salt, the spices and tomatoes and simmer fairly briskly for a further 5 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan – skin-side up – and gently simmer with the lid off until the chicken is almost cooked, about 30 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and simmer until cooked, about 5 minutes. If there is too much liquid, pour off the excess. Add the cream and heat through.
Serve with the rice noodles or rosmarino and a leafy salad.