- 1 Ciabatta loaf
- 8 t sun-dried tomato paste
- 100 g grilled artichokes (bottled)
- 100 g roasted red peppers (bottled)
- 12 black olives
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Italian virgin olive oil for drizzling
- shavings of Grana Padano cheese
- 3-4 oregano or basil leaves to garnish
This inspired idea is perfect for a quick and easy lunch – just the thing for al fresco eating. It’s ideal for vegetarians too!
1. Slice the ciabatta loaf through the middle, then cut each piece in half.
2. Spread each piece with 2 teaspoons of sun-dried tomato paste. Top with torn-
up pieces of artichoke and peppers, then share the olives and red onion between
3. Drizzle with olive oil and finish off with plenty of shavings of Grana Padano
cheese. Garnish with oregano or basil leaves, and then serve at once.
Cook’s Tip: For a bruschetta-style lunch, choose a part-baked ciabatta loaf, and then bake the open sandwiches for 10-15 minutes in a hot oven, 200°C/fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Excellent for autumn and winter!