- 3 T olive oil
- 1 x 600 g pack Woolworths beef-and-pork frikkadels
- 400 g Woolworths Rosa tomatoes
- 5 g rosemary
- 2 t garlic, crushed
- 1 x 700 ml bottle Woolworths tomato purée
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Woolworths rustic baguette, quartered (or 4 small baguettes)
- 10 g basil, for serving
1. Pan-fry the frikkadels, tomatoes and rosemary in 2 T olive oil over a high heat until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat and fry the garlic in the same pan for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Pour in the tomato purée, season and simmer for 10 minutes. Return the frikkadels and tomatoes to the pan and warm through.
3. Stuff the baguettes with the meatballs and sauce and top with basil. For extra indulgence, grate over Parmesan or assemble the subs and top with bocconcini or mozzarella and grill until melted before serving.