- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 T canola oil
- 200 g streaky bacon, sliced
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 200 g white Cheddar, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over a high heat and boil for 2 1/2 minutes once the water comes to the boil. Cool in iced water, then peel.
2. Heat the canola oil in a pan and fry the bacon over a medium heat until crispy.
3. Slice the ciabatta into 8 slices and toast on one side in the bacon fat until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and cover the toasted side on the bread with the cheese. Place the bread in the oven until the cheese is bubbling.
4. While hot, top with the bacon and egg, close to make a sandwich and season.