- 1 free-range whole chicken
- ½ cup jam or chutney (we used smooth apricot jam and fig jam)
- 4 T olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 3 red peppers, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Cover the chicken in the jam, drizzle with olive oil and season lightly.
2. Place the chicken on a roasting grid with an oven tray underneath so that it will roast evenly.
3. Place the red peppers on a separate tray, season and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool.
4. Roast the chicken for 1 hour. It’s done when the jam on the skin is thick and sticky. Serve with crispy bread if you like.
Cook’s note: Do not cover the chicken while roasting as this will create a moist environment that isn’t ideal for this method.