- For the golden sesame dressing:
- 100 g sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1x 5 cm piece ginger, minced
- 1 red chilli
- For the katsu pork:
- 1 pork fillet, sliced into 4 medallions
- 3 T flour
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 200 g panko crumbs
- 3 T canola oil
- 3 T salted butter
- Ingredients aren't specified.
- 4 T salted butter, melted
- 8 slices Woolworths thick-sliced white bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. To make the dressing, place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until combined but not completely smooth.
2. To make the katsu pork, tenderise each pork medallion until even in thickness using a meat mallet, then dip each piece into the flour, egg and panko crumbs.
3. Heat the canola oil and butter in a large pan, then fry the pork until golden brown on both sides. Finish off in the oven.
4. Brush both sides of a jaffle iron liberally with butter. Top 4 slices of bread with 1 T sesame dressing, 1 T mayonnaise, a piece of pork and a handful of cabbage. Top with the remaining slices of bread, then place in the jaffle iron until golden.