- 4 pork loin chops
- 120 g flour
- 4 - 5 free-range eggs
- 2 t sesame oil
- 200 g panko crumbs
- 1 - 2 cups sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 t sugar
- 180 g baby cucumbers, sliced
- Woolworths sriracha mayo, to serve
- salt and black pepper, to taste
1.Remove the fat and bones from the pork loin chops, then cover with clingwrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten the chops to a thickness of 1 cm.
2. Season flour with salt and pepper.
3. Whisk the eggs with the sesame oil.
4. Dip the chops into the flour, shaking off any excess, into the egg, then into the panko crumbs. Repeat the process.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and shallow-fry the pork until golden and cooked through.
6. In a small saucepan, bring the rice wine vinegar and sugar to a slow simmer, then remove from the heat and pour over the sliced baby cucumbers. Set aside for 15 minutes, then serve with the pork and Woolworths sriracha
Cook's note: Panko crumbs are often used in Japan. They’re flaky in texture and absorb less oil, resulting in a light, crispy coating.