- 2 g sesame seeds, ground
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 t miso (Japanese bean paste)
- 2 T Japanese rice vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1 T sugar
- 80 g fresh salmon
- 80 g fresh tuna
- 80 g fresh calamari
- 80 g steamed or boiled prawns
- 8 crab sticks
- 120 g mixed salad leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 T seaweed caviar (optional)
- 1 t dried fish flakes (optional)
- thin strips of carrot and cucumber, to garnish
Slice all the seafood into small pieces.
Put the mixed salad leaves, spring onion, onion, seaweed caviar (if using), fish flakes (if using) and seafood in a mixing bowl, add half the dressing and mix until combined.
Divide between four plates, garnish with carrot and cucumber strips and serve immediately with the remaining dressing on the side.
Cook's note: seaweed caviar is made by Melissa's and available from selected supermarkets across SA and fish flakes can be picked up from Asian markets and shops.