- 400 g Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and chopped
- 100 g potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 250 g leeks chopped (the white part only)
- 100 g onions, chopped
- 50 g butter
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
In a large saucepan, sweat the artichokes, potatoes, leeks and onion in the butter until the onions are tender but not coloured.
Add the chicken stock and simmer until the artichokes and potatoes are tender.
Add the milk, cream, nutmeg and seasoning and blend until smooth.
Reheat, adjust seasoning and serve garnished with chopped hazelnuts.