Ready in 30 minutes flat, this easy pork Kassler chop recipe makes a great midweek dinner idea. Simply fry the chops in a griddle pan and serve with buttery sweet potatoes, and baby spinach in a mustard dressing.
- 4 Woolworths Kara sweet potatoes, washed
- 100 g butter
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 t mustard seeds
- 8 Woolworths Kassler chops
- 2 T olive oil
- 300 g baby spinach
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the mustard dressing, mix:
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- sea salt, to taste
1. Pierce the sweet potatoes using the tip of a sharp knife, then microwave for 15–20 minutes on medium-low until tender and a knife pierces them easily.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, then add the garlic and mustard seeds and cook until the butter begins to foam slightly and the garlic browns.
3. Tear the sweet potatoes into chunks and toss in the hot pan to coat in the butter. Remove from the heat and leave in the pan until ready to serve.
4. While the sweet potatoes are in the microwave, cook the Kassler chops in a hot griddle pan for 2–3 minutes on each side until griddle marks appear and the chops are browned and slightly crispy. Toss the mustard dressing with the baby spinach and serve with the buttery potatoes and chops, drizzled in the pan juices.
Cook's tip: Serve with Woolworths frozen sweet potato mash instead of making your own and glaze the chops in sweet chilli sauce just before removing from the grill for a sticky marinade.