- For the kingklip basting sauce, mix:
- 4 T sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 500 g kingklip portions
- 2 French loaves, sliced in half and slit down the middle
- 4 T butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 10 g coriander, to garnish
- For the marinated vegetables:
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1 T water
- 2 T palm sugar
- 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C. Toss the kingklip with the basting sauce. Place on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
2. While the kingklip is cooking, make the vegetable marinade. Combine the rice vinegar, sesame oil, water and palm sugar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then cool. Once cooled, toss the carrot, cucumber and chillies through this mixture and set aside at room temperature.
3. Brush the French loaves with butter, then bake for 5 minutes until hot.
4. To serve, spoon the sriracha and mayonnaise inside the French loaves, cover with pickled vegetables, top with the kingklip and garnish with the coriander.