- 1 and 1/2 cups Woolworths Cake Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Woolworths Brown Sugar
- 1/2 a cup Woolworths Butter
- 1/4 cup Woolworth Sunflower Seed Oil
- 1/2 a teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1heaped teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4-6 Fresh Lady Finger Bananas
- 1 teaspoon Banana Essence
- 1teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 Woolworths Large free range eggs
- 1/2 a cup Woolworths Fresh Milk
- a pinch Nutmeg Powder
- a pinch Sea salt
Sift all the dry ingredients, except the brown sugar, together in a large deep bowl.
Beat the eggs, brown sugar, milk, oil, melted (cooled) butter, vanilla, banana essence together, until well mixed and emulsified.
Add the above sifted dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture a little at a time until until well incorporated.
Using a metal fork roughly mash the bananas in a separate bowl.
(Cook's Note: Extra ripened bananas are ideal for this recipe and mash easily.)
Now gently fold in the mashed bananas into the rest of the mixture to create a thick batter-like consistency.
Spoon even amounts of batter 3/4 full into a lined muffin tray.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celcius for approximately 20-25 minutes until golden brown in colour and fully cooked through.
Cool thoroughly before serving.
Add an optional dusting of powdered sugar.
Serve: Delicious on its own or with a healthy dollop of extra butter, and a drizzle of fresh honey.
(Cook's Note: Stores well in the refrigerator.)
An excellent nutritious treat to add to kids lunch boxes or for simply sharing with your neighbours over a cup of freshly brewed tea. :-)