- For the frikkadels:
- 500 g free-range lamb mince
- 360 g Woolworths exotic tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 red onion, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T brown vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 4 rotis, for serving
- For the beetroot raita, mix:
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 mini cucumbers, grated
- salt, a pinch
- lemon juice, a squeeze
- For the coconut sambal, mix:
- 60 g fresh or desiccated coconut
- 1 t coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, zested
- Ingredients aren't specified.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
To make the meatballs, combine the mince, tomato, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcester sauce and brown vinegar.
Season to taste, then mould the mixture into large balls. Place a nonstick pan over a medium to high heat and add the olive oil and butter.
When hot, brown the frikkadels on all sides for a few minutes.
Transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until firm and cooked through.
Heat the rotis in a dry pan or under the grill and serve with the meatballs, raita and sambal.