- 1.5 kg lamb mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 free-range egg white, whisked
- 1 t cumin seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 t coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
- 2 t fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 t chilli flakes
- 10 g fresh coriander, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 x 300 g packet leeks
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
Place the lamb, onion, egg white, cumin, coriander, fennel, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and fresh coriander in
a bowl and mix well.
Shape the mince into 12 oval cylinders of equal size and skewer. Chill for 30 minutes to firm up. Drizzle with olive oil and grill on the braai.
Blanch the leeks in boiling water, then transfer to ice- cold water. Place on a tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill until charred. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and chilli.