- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- Woolworths free-range rosemary
- 500 g lamb sausage
- 1 x 400 g Woolworths cherry tomatoes can
- 1 x 400 g lentils can, drained and rinsed
- 300 g Woolworths baby marrow spaghetti
- 300 g Woolworths butternut spaghetti
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- grated cheese, for serving (optional)
1 Soften the shallots and garlic in the olive oil in a large, deep pan for 3 minutes until pale golden.
2. Remove the sausage meat from the casing, add to the pan and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the lentils and heat through, season to taste. Spoon the hot Bolognese over the spaghetti and allow to stand for 2 minutes before serving. The spaghetti will soften in the heat from the Bolognese. Sprinkle over grated cheese if you like.
COOK’S NOTE: The lamb sausage adds instant flavour in half the time, and the canned cherry tomatoes add punch. The vegetable spaghetti doesn’t need to be cooked separately, simply spoon over the hot sauce, which will wilt it while keeping its structure.
Photograph: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistant: Ellen Schwerdtfeger