- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 leeks, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 315 g risotto rice
- 6 cups dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 litres Woolworths organic liquid vegetable or chicken stock, heated
- 200 g Parmesan, finely grated, plus extra for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 T Woolworths crema balsamic vinegar
- Ingredients aren't specified.
Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan over a medium-low heat and sauté the leeks and garlic until soft, but not caramelised, for 3–4 minutes.
Add the bay leaves and rice and cook for 2 minutes. Keep stirring to coat the rice in butter.
Add the wine and cook, stirring, until absorbed.
Stir in the stock 1 cup at a time, allowing it to absorb completely between each addition. Keep stirring so the rice doesn’t catch.
Stir in the cheese and season to taste.
Pour 1 T balsamic crema onto each plate and top with the risotto. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Cook's note Serve this risotto Milanese-style on a shallow pool of balsamic crema.