- 900 g free-range skinless deboned chicken thigh fillets
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 t fresh thyme, bruised
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 raw beetroot
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 x 60 g tub Woolworths bulk baby herb leaves
- 2 green apples, sliced
- Woolworths basil pesto, for serving
Thread the chicken thighs onto skewers, then marinate in the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, thyme and seasoning for 20 minutes.
Shave the beetroot using a vegetable peeler, then toss with the chickpeas, celery and baby herbs. Add the apple just before serving so it doesn’t discolour.
Pan-fry the chicken in a griddle pan for 5–10 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Serve hot with the crunchy salad and basil pesto. Add pita breads if you like.