Looking for an easy loaf cake? Mogau Seshoene, a.k.a. The Lazy Makoti's lemon drizzle cake is the recipe you've been searching for.
- 225 g caster sugar
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- ½ cup Woolworths lemon-flavoured avocado oil
- 2 T lemon zest
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 225 g cake flour
- 2 t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- For the drizzle:
- 72 g icing sugar
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 lemon, zested
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 22cm x 11cm loaf tin.
2. Whisk together the sugar, eggs, yoghurt, oil lemon zest and vanilla until combined and the sugar has dissolved.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just combined, taking care not to overmix.
4. Pour the batter into prepared tin and bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool while you make the yoghurt drizzle
5. To the drizzle, whisk together the icing sugar and yoghurt until smooth and combined. Evenly drizzle glaze over the and sprinkle with lemon zest before serving.
Videography: Barry de Villiers, Shavan
Production: Bianca Strydom