- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 T good-quality olive oil
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 5 g fresh mint
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 350 g fresh calamari tubes and tentacles
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 x 60 g mixed baby leaves punnet
- 1 baguette, sliced
Place the lemon zest and juice, 2 T olive oil, chilli and mint in a bowl and season to taste. Mix and set aside.
Toss the calamari with 2 cloves crushed garlic and the remaining olive oil, then pan-fry in small batches over a high heat for 3–4 minutes until pink and cooked through. Toss the calamari with the baby leaves and dressing.
Pan-fry the sliced baguette in the pan for 2 minutes, or until golden. Halve the remaining garlic cloves and rub onto the baguette while it’s sill hot.
Serve the calamari with the bruschetta.
Cook’s note: Use Woolworths’ Easy to Wok calamari tubes and tentacles.